About The Opportunity
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst, who will be instrumental in visualizing business trends and insights across the company. The Finance team is the analytical engine of the company - we surface data-steered insights that drive strategy and optimal choice making for the leads across the organization. We need data, reporting and investigation to do this! In this role, you will need to understand effective dashboard design and translate thorough requirements into dashboards/reporting to help analyze trends.
To succeed in this role, you should love both getting to the ‘truth’ of data and optimally visualizing data/insights in tools like Tableau, ReDash and Excel.
The Impact You Will Make
Build and maintain a connected ecosystem of dashboards and reports across multiple different platforms (Tableau, Redash, Arcgis)
Manage projects from inception to completion: requirements gathering, wireframing, KPI definition and refinement, build, QA and delivery
Work across all facets of the business with key stakeholders to transform requirements into actionable dashboards
Partner with the Data League to ensure reporting tables address the needs of the business
Provide ‘self service’ reporting solutions for managers across the organization to effectively manage their business
Maintain a ‘Source of Truth’ for company wide metrics
What You Bring to the Table
- 4+ years of experience in a data/BI role
- Bachelor's degree required
- Proficiency in Tableau and SQL, (ARCgis or other mapping tool experience a plus!)
- Proven track record of successful dashboard development and adoption by business users
- Strong familiarity with data warehouse environments (e.g., AWS and Presto)
- Ability to balance speed and accuracy - we work quickly but smartly
- Nimble mindset - our business is growing and evolving quickly, you’ll need to too!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]