Sr. Analyst, Healthcare Analytics
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical and operational decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
In this role, you’ll operate as an analytical consultant to internal and external stakeholders on critical imperatives including patient attribution and risk stratification to target high-risk patients for care management programs, use claims data to understand healthcare trends of the patient population, and measure program effectiveness using ambulatory electronic medical record (EMR) data. You’ll also provide mentorship and development to other analysts on the analytics team by leading projects and initiating solution development for business problems. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care. This person will support New Hampshire market, so our ideal candidate will either be based within a commutable distance from our Bedford, NH office, or from our Richmond, VA or Chicago, IL offices. Depending on your location, some travel will be required.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Healthcare Informatics Senior Analyst at VillageMD?
- Mining patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data and clinical data from EMRs to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Building reports and dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics by physician
- Providing business and technical requirements for database and system development
- Developing and implementing predictive models to enable population health management to deliver targeted care improving health outcomes and reducing spend
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Ability to manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
What you might do in your first year:
- Participate in the development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Analyze operational metrics to develop and implement programs that allows for faster patient diagnosis
- Collaborate with senior operations leadership to gather requirements to solve multifaceted and complex business problems with data-driven solutions
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of full-time experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics or engineering; graduate degree preferred
- Knowledge in SQL and Tableau
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming languages and experience with a statistical programming software such as SAS or R
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.