Sr. Analyst - State Exams
Growth with a Purpose
- Assist the State Exams Manager in gathering materials requested during state examinations as needed.
- Collaborate with department owners to ensure accuracy and completeness of the materials being provided to state examiners.
- Identify and explain issues found during examination process internally or externally as they are identified.
- Ensure issues found during examinations are escalated and remediated.
- Resolve indirect disputes received through the e-OSCAR platform as needed.
- Resolve direct disputes received by mail, e-mail, or phone as needed.
- Help develop reporting on examination results for members of our Executive team.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong time management and interpersonal skills.
- Understanding of federal regulations under which OppLoans operates; primarily the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), as well as the Unfair, Deceptive, or Abusive Acts or Practices Act (UDAAP), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Fair Lending, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), as well as others as necessary.
- Proficiency in GSuite and Microsoft Office.
- Adaptable to rapid change.
- Identifies areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Confident in their decision making/reasoning skills.
- Ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Experience working with external auditors
- Experience handling state examinations for a consumer finance organization
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL
- Knowledge of e-OSCAR system
We offer a great compensation package and benefits package to support you inside and outside of work as you grow your career with us. Some of these benefits include a 401(k) matching program, paid vacation policy, free PPO medical option with BCBS for Employee Only Plans, dental, vision, and accident coverage, free gym membership, discounted Divvy memberships and ClassPass fitness classes, CTA and Metra benefit programs, casual dress policy, subsidized daily lunches, a stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks, an employee and peer recognition program, and intramural sports leagues.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago with panoramic views of Millennium Park and Lake Michigan, with rooftop access.