Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Testing is a major part of how Zoro operates. During the past few years, we have dramatically increased the number of A/B tests we run and the insights those tests generate have direct business impact. We are looking for a Senior Analyst to help us continue to deliver critical insights to our product teams.
The Senior Analyst, Testing and Optimization will be part of a small group of testing and optimization experts who help improve Zoro’s onsite and marketing testing capabilities. This person will set up and analyze tests, as well as communicate findings to business partners, to help us find the best approaches to serve our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the product teams to understand their goals and timelines
- Define test objectives, KPIs, and measurement plans for on-site tests
- Use SQL to gather and aggregate data associated with each test, ensuring the data correctly reflects the test objectives
- Conduct in-depth analysis using a variety of data sources to provide insight about the performance of potential new features
- Communicate findings to both technical and non-technical audiences using data visualizations, slide decks, and written reports
- Participate in weekly operational updates, planning sessions, and strategy discussions to help drive Zoro’s testing culture
- 3 years of experience conducting A/B and multivariate tests for e-commerce or technology companies
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies, including how to perform statistical power calculations, how to identify bias in tests, and how to interpret results
- Demonstrated ability to prepare written reports and data visualizations to communicate test findings to business stakeholders
- Ability to provide recommendations about how to set up tests to maximize likelihood of achieving statistical significance
- Hands-on experience with web metrics and clickstream data, including knowledge of Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics
- Exposure to website A/B testing tools such as Google Optimize or Optimizely
- Solid SQL skills
- Familiarity with heat mapping tools and Python is a plus
- Awareness of the differences between frequentist testing and Bayesian testing is also a plus
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to foster an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.