Sr. Analytics Engineer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
Clearcover is seeking a Sr. Analytics Engineer with strong experience in the development of analytical frameworks who can collaborate with stakeholders from marketing, product and customer advocacy teams to understand customer behavior, measure and track responses to new features, help deliver industry-leading products and transform customer experiences.
What will you do?
- Develop working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Write and maintain dbt models that enable us to transform data from a variety of sources
- Elicit and facilitate discussions that uncover KPIs that meet Clearcover’s product and growth vision
- Define the metrics that enable Clearcover to hit KPIs
- Determine how to perform accurate and useful measurements using various online and offline data tools (primarily Google Analytics and Heap Analytics) to build real-time or near real-time analytics
- Develop and improve dashboards, self-service and ad hoc reports by extracting data from numerous sources and present to internal stakeholders
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources of data to develop and improve data tracking, execute conversion rate optimization strategy and testing plans
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of conversion strategies
- Advocate for improvements to data quality and performance
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects for sourcing data
What do you need?
- Your SQL ability is second to none.
- Significant experience developing and delivering data solutions as a member of a business intelligence or analytics team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Have a passion for solving problems using data and analytics
- Have used Python, Ruby, or R when SQL failed you or was needed for a complex report or analysis
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift serving as the Data Warehouse production platform
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools (Looker, Periscope, PowerBI)
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social