Our Value Proposition: Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
Clearcover is seeking a Sr. Analytics Engineer with strong experience in the development of analytical frameworks who can collaborate with stakeholders from marketing, product and customer advocacy teams to understand customer behavior, measure and track responses to new features, help deliver industry-leading products and transform customer experiences.
What will you do?
- Develop working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Write and maintain dbt models that enable us to transform data from a variety of sources
- Elicit and facilitate discussions that uncover KPIs that meet Clearcover’s product and growth vision
- Define the metrics that enable Clearcover to hit KPIs
- Determine how to perform accurate and useful measurements using various online and offline data tools (primarily Google Analytics and Heap Analytics) to build real-time or near real-time analytics
- Develop and improve dashboards, self-service and ad hoc reports by extracting data from numerous sources and present to internal stakeholders
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources of data to develop and improve data tracking, execute conversion rate optimization strategy and testing plans
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of conversion strategies
- Advocate for improvements to data quality and performance
- Collaborate with data engineers on infrastructure projects for sourcing data
What do you need?
- Your SQL ability is second to none.
- Significant experience developing and delivering data solutions as a member of a business intelligence or analytics team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to collaborate across teams
- Have a passion for solving problems using data and analytics
- Have used Python, Ruby, or R when SQL failed you or was needed for a complex report or analysis
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift serving as the Data Warehouse production platform
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools (Looker, Periscope, PowerBI)
What’s nice to have?
- Experience with DBT (Data Build Tool)
- Experience with version control tools (Github, Bitbucket)
But wait, there’s more: As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!