Sr. Auto R&D Analyst at Clearcover
Our Value Proposition:
Clearcover is a venture-backed technology start-up disrupting the trillion-dollar legacy insurance market. We’ve focused on building products that create confident, happy customers - and we’re flourishing. We believe in putting our people first, paying them well, and working together to solve tough problems. If you’d like a high-growth opportunity with an award-winning company, let’s chat.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for a self-starter to help build and evaluate our pricing algorithms to enhance our risk segmentation. Working alongside our actuarial and insurance product management teams, you'll leverage statistical techniques to more accurately segment our customers and build new pricing features.
What will you do?
- Build and evaluate pricing and unit economic component models
- Develop risk segmentation recommendations that find the right balance between growth and unit economics
- Collaborate with the Insurance Product, Product, Marketing, and Machine Learning functional areas to attract the right customers at the right time
- Democratize data and insights to facilitate data-driven decision-making
What will you bring?
- Strong experience with applying advanced quantitative or predictive modeling techniques
- Actuarial experience preferred in Auto and Property
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills with a deep intellectual curiosity and an ability to make data-based decisions
- Strong programming skills with experience in SQL, R, and Python
- Excellent communicator and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Alignment with Clearcover core values
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.