Sr Business Control Analyst, Zoro Tools
Company Summary: In the past seven years, Zoro has grown from a group of 6 people working out of a 2,000 square foot building, offering fewer than 100,000 products to a group of 250+ working out of a 60,000+ square foot building, offering more than 2,000,000 unique products.
Primary Function: The Senior Business Analyst plays a key role in risk assessment, design and implementation of business controls, and to support the overall risk and compliance efforts for various laws and regulations such as SOX and data privacy. Additionally, this position is expected to develop and maintain effective working relationships with individuals in various functions and/or business units responsible for their controls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs and leads control gap assessments for the assigned areas of operations, including financial, operational and compliance reviews, in accordance with Zoro’s policies/procedures and acceptable audit standards.
- Identifies opportunities to optimize processes and controls through improved control design, automation and standardization (best practice).
- Be creative and forward thinking in designing solutions that are best-in-class.
- Supports business unit or functional teams in the development and deployment of action plans to close identified control gaps.
- Assist the Senior Manager to establish a risk assessment framework and develop continuous risk assessment process.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with business partners.
- Ensures all project documentation is developed and kept current.
- Ensures individual assessments meet business requirements, and are completed on-time and within budget.
- Bachelor's Degree in business or analytical field is required. Concentration in accounting, finance, computer science a plus.
- 3-7 years of experience in public accounting and/or internal auditing, finance, or business operations with a record of accomplishments is preferred.
- Certifications in accounting, fraud, and/or compliance standards (e.g., CIA, CPA, CFA, CISA) is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience on testing design and operating effectiveness internal controls preferred.
- Current or former Big 4 firm financial auditing or risk consulting experience is a plus.
- Experience in industries analogous to Zoro’s is a plus.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, planning and project management skills.
- Strong business acumen & analytical skills with attention to detail.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status