Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will turn raw data into information by building reports and dashboards to help leadership and business better understand performance and support strategic and tactical decision-making abilities. This role will work as a senior report/dashboard/SQL developer for end-to-end deliverables. The Sr. BI Analyst leads the BI project and also drives the dashboard/report development along with junior team members. They are also responsible for driving solutions that require bringing together data from various data sources, working across many different teams of the organization. Resources to do the job require reliance on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals utilizing a highly analytical mindset and a wide degree of latitude. General direction is received from the Manager, Business Intelligence.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Collect the business requirements from internal clients, and develop and modify complex reports, verify information integrity and design dashboards, scorecards, charts/graphs, drill-downs, and dynamic reports to meet new information needs
- Apply business analysis skills to complicated analytical asks and make recommendations for preferred solutions, with consideration of associated business benefits, risks, cost and timescales
- Understand and drive analytical business objectives, the metrics that are the most important to accomplish the objects, and how to measure performance with minimal supervision
- Work closely with other Data Science and IT teams to build and maintain data capabilities
- Derive actionable insights through critical analysis and data visualization
- Create innovative visuals for reports to enable more effective consumption of data
- Monitor historical and real-time performances of key metrics to detect and report anomalies
- Modify and optimize Tableau extracts through Enterprise processes
- Build and execute complex data queries and views using SQL
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on BI tools and Alliant data
- Lead internal projects from requirements through execution
- Mentor less experienced analysts
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Advanced Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or related field required, Master’s degree is preferred, and you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience; report development, data science, business analytics, business intelligence or comparable data engineering role
- Hands-on experience with BI tools, such as SAP BO and Tableau, and Workflow tools, such as Tableau Prep or Alteryx
- Strong experience in SQL (Microsoft T-SQL experience preferred)
- Strong understanding data warehousing and business intelligence
- Understanding of data modeling concepts such as facts, dimensions and star schemas
- Experience with business systems analysis or data analytics / business intelligence requirements gathering
- Self-starter with strong time management and organizational skills
- Highly effective time and project management skills, including ability to coordinate development, testing and implementation
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment; flexibility with changing priorities on a daily basis
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members, and management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and continuous improvement
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off