Sr. Cloud Data Architect at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
- Assess current state business processes and supporting technical architecture, while gathering and defining solution requirements.
- Perform assessments of existing client cloud/on-prem data infrastructures and document "as-is" environments.
- Collaborate face-to-face with clients and West Monroe project teams to implement processes, procedures, and technology that support newly engineered data functions in the cloud.
- Design, develop, and architect ETL solutions for modern cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, etc.
- Design data flow and processing pipelines for ingestion and analysis using contemporary tools.
- Lead consultant teams in completing enterprise-scale cloud migration projects from a back end/data perspective.
- Organize project work into client presentations, outlining findings and recommendations for C-level executives.
- Contribute to the practice by developing and improving reusable methodologies and data/cloud solutions for client engagements.
- Pursue new client opportunities when possible – develop and present marketing/sales slide decks for business development and selling Cloud Data Transformation engagements.
- Guide and coach consultants, share best practices, and perform code/solution reviews.
- 6+ years of experience in technology; 4+ years of experience in a technical architect capacity working with cloud and data technologies.
- Strong preference for candidates with client-facing experience – technology solutions or management consulting.
- Must have proven experience leading data/cloud migration projects in either AWS or Azure environments.
- Comfortable scripting for automation using Python, PowerShell, Spark in Scala, etc.
- Proficient in cloud data warehousing platforms like Snowflake.
- Proficient with a variety of AWS (CloudForm Templates, EC2, S3) and Azure (Data Factory, Data Bricks) applications.
- Experience installing and configuring databases using automation tools like Ansible.
- Fluent in either Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle databases and affiliated applications.
- Expert knowledge of standard methodologies, concepts, best practices, and procedures that align to a cloud-based data environment.
- Complete understanding of visualization and full data layer architecture.
- Bonus experience: CI/CD, Terraform, AWS Redshift, Flume, Sqoop, JSON, NoSQL, Big Data, and Microsoft BI stack.
- Travel requirements: up to 50% national travel.