Sr. Cloud-Ops Database Administrator at VelocityEHS
*Open to remote candidates*
The Senior Cloud-Ops Database Administrator is primarily responsible for design, implementation and support of our production applications databases. This role will manage solutions to enhance availability, performance and stability of our enterprise MSSQL, Azure SQL, MySQL, etc. installations in both the cloud and on premise. In coordination with the Security & Compliance Director and the Cloud-Ops Architect, the CloudOPs DBA will implement a strong security regimen, robust disaster recovery architectures, and data globalization as well as automating away repetitive work. They also lead implementation and maintenance activities leading to new or improved environments, policies, and processes. This position also provides engineering support to the product development teams to understand cloud opportunities for innovation and development efficiency. Finally, the Senior Cloud-Ops DBA will partner with the Senior Cloud-Ops Engineer to oversee the day-to-day operations and tuning of the VelocityEHS production environment.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork and follow-through. If you have these qualities and take pride in surprising and delighting clients, then this is the job for you. Check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participating in the creation of, and leading for the execution of, the VelocityEHS production environment architecture
- Administration and maintenance of the company's production infrastructure, both on-premises and in the cloud
- Troubleshooting, system backups, archiving, and disaster recovery
- Create and maintain product release pipelines and execute product releases in coordination with the product development teams.
- Help desk issues related to production environments
- Working with project teams to help implement and migrate production systems to the cloud
- Interacting with internal clients on all levels to help resolve product production related issues and provides answers in a timely manner
- Ensuring the conformance with various regulatory and compliance frameworks as outlined by the Security and Compliance Director, participating in audits as required
- Maintaining external and internal SLAs for production infrastructure
- Participating in risk analyses and managing contingency planning
- Automating current process to improve efficiency and speed of new systems, upgrades, and patches
- Implementation and tuning of our system monitoring capabilities
- Collaborating with the product development teams, providing engineering support to development initiatives utilizing cloud resources
- Collaborating with the Senior Cloud-Ops Engineer to ensure that product assets related to Cloud Operation Hosting are maintained responsibly
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 4 + years of experience spanning at least three of the following database platforms (MS SQL, MySQL, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, PostgreSQL) including but not limited to:
- Software installation and maintenance
- Data extraction, transformations, and loading
- Specialized data handling
- Backup and recovery
- Advanced disaster recovery
- Capacity planning
- Performance monitoring
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Basic Knowledge of cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS\Azure\GCE\OpenStack)
- Basic Knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Calm under pressure, and ability to take accountability for outcomes and performance
- Data-driven and results-oriented, with a strong analytical skillset
- Ability to take initiative and develop innovative solutions to emerging challenges
- Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Ability to work with development organizations to consult on product enhancements using cloud services
- Experience as a team lead preferred
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, including availability groups, backups, and performance tuning
- Experience with Azure DevOps, including release pipelines
- Experience with Kubernetes and container solutions
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. VelocityEHS is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, veteran status, Indigenous/Native American status, or disability. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats, communication supports, or other accessibility assistance by contacting [email protected]