Sr Data Architect
The Marketing Store, a HAVI company, is a privately held global agency that innovates, optimizes and drives marketing promotions and supply chains of many of the best-known brands in the world. When you work at The Marketing Store, you have a chance to make your mark – to be a part of work that drives value, brings a smile and keeps everyday life moving forward. Which means it’s not the size of our global footprint, but rather your personal fingerprint, that has the power to make a real difference for our customers… and to touch the lives of people both at home and around the world.
We are staffed by a senior team of classically trained marketing professionals. Having developed an insightful, strategic, brand-building process for creating advertising campaigns, we have adapted this same thinking to promotions, digital, direct, the Internet, CRM, loyalty, premiums and events. The result is unique solutions that cover the gamut of marketing channels. Our clients include McDonald’s, Nissan, Infiniti, T-Mobile and more!
The Marketing Store produces bespoke solutions for clients with complex scale and/or application needs. The Sr Data Architect is a practice leader with extensive experience and building and managing data teams.
Lead data warehouse implementation and data model
- Responsible for stored procedure development
- Managing database deployment script and work with DevOps to coordinate deployment
- Develop a strong technical view of the DWH:
o Work with ETL development team to implement the data flow going into the DWH.
o Work with BA to understand the business definition of different data sources and how that is represented in the DWH.
o Work with Data Science and Decision Science (and other consumers of DWH) to identify required data in the DWH
o Justify technical complexity to PM/Account/BA/Business for change or new development scope.
- Responsible for data governance duties such as data dictionary, data mapping, and being the data owner of the managing data warehouse.
- Responsible for the overall health and future proofing of data DWH as per changing business needs.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Must have hands-on experience building data model using MySQL and/or Postgres database
- Must have implemented/managed/inherited at least two data warehouse or data mart solution before. Duties can include
o Convert business data requirements into some form data model (i.e. ER diagrams)
o physical database Implementation (tables, index, stored procedure)
o Worked with developers to the data integrity/quality/ingestion of the DWH
o Able to express some sort of standards/best practice in that solution. (i.e. naming convention, who can make changes)
- Must be well versed with SQL and stored procedure
- Must be well versed with ER diagrams and key concepts such as cardinality and Ordinality
- Must be familiar with Data Warehouse design, specifically Kimball’s star schema and key concepts such as slowly changing dimensions and different fact table types
- Must be familiar with optimization techniques for ETL process (i.e. moving or summarizing large amount of data)
- Preferable to have experience manipulating with dataset in the multi-hundreds million range.
- Bonus experience designing and developing data pipelines on AWS platform using various services like Kinesis, Firehouse, S3, Lambda, Glue/PySpark, Athena and EC2
- Curious about data and sensitive to data quality and its relationship to business definitions
- Must be able to communicate technical concepts in simple terms.
- Able to work with remote developers. (Communication via clear and precise documentation is a key skill)
- Unconditional love for JIRA.
- Has a desire to always look for improvements in performance and ensuring data quality
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.