Sr. Data Engineer, Analytics & Insights at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
- Take an inside look into our culture!
- Ranked 2nd most innovative company by FreightWaves in 2018 and 2019 (right after Amazon who is our customer)
- “Best Places To Work” by Built In Chicago
- Our culture is more than a ping pong table, but we do host quarterly ping pong tournaments!
project44 is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the Analytics & Insights team in downtown Chicago! The Data Engineer will help us design and build a reliable and scalable ETL, data warehouse, and ML infrastructure to help project44 and its customers to derive actionable insights from shipment data.
What you’re most excited for:
- Owning data transfer between production databases and data lake, and ELT processes to populate data warehouse(s) from the data lake.
- Works with data science team to suggest data and architectural solutions and productionalize ML models.
- Helps to diagnose and resolve data quality issues.
- Using complex SQL principles.
- Creating one or more cloud data warehouses such as Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, etc...
- Building one or more open source ETL frameworks such as StreamSets, NiFi, Pentaho, Talend, etc...
- Real-time or near real-time streaming work in Kafka or another similar technology.
- Don't have everything listed? No problem! We'd still like to hear from you.
- Engineering career track: Associate Software Engineer -> Software Engineer -> Sr. Software Engineer -> Staff Software Engineer -> Principal Software Engineer
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.