Sr. Data Engineer (ETL, Data Visualization, etc.) at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients.
We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That's why inclusion and diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready to thrive in the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is seeking an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join our emerging Advanced Analytics Practice in the Chicago office developing technology solutions for our clients in the data warehousing and BI space. This is an excellent opportunity to work within our Information Management team with Fortune 250 clients developing BI strategy and roadmaps, implementing new customer facing reporting and analytics platforms, while gaining exposure to a variety of industries including healthcare, insurance, manufacturing, E&U, and professional services. Candidates will need to demonstrate in-depth understanding and prior experience in Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services, ETL development, and reporting solutions.
- Work closely with our clients as part of a development team to evaluate requirements and develop business intelligence and data warehousing solutions·
- Design and develop data warehouse database schemas·
- Design and develop extract, transform, and load (ETL) mappings, procedures, and schedules·
- Coordinate activities with data source application owners to ensure integration and data integrity Design and develop reports, dashboards, KPIs, and data extracts
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Minimum 4+ years of hands on professional development experience
- Strong technical experience in ETL tools (Informatica, IBM DataStage, Snowflake, or Microsoft Integration Services), database platforms (Oracle or SQL Server), and reporting tools (IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, Microsoft Reporting Services, or Microstrategy)
- Experience with the Microsoft SQL Server platform (version 2008 or later) is required
- Experience with Data Visualization tools including PowerBI, Tableau, etc.
- Good knowledge of standard concepts, best practices, and procedures within a data warehousing and business intelligence environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team of 2 – 5 consultants
- Ability to travel 50% nationally
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.