Sr. Data Engineer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is a Sr. Data Engineer?
Clearcover has an enormous range of opportunities around data engineering and data governance ranging from marketing and acquisition, fraud detection, customer experience, and claims payment. As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will work closely and independently with our business partners, product teams, data engineers, and data warehousing engineers to develop and deploy a data governance process, procedures and guidelines. We're looking for someone curious and passionate about data engineering, governance and Insurance.
What will you do?
- Develop working knowledge of Clearcover products, features, and related data sources
- Review and document models and code that do not meet data governance and compliance requirements from a variety of sources
- Elicit and facilitate discussions that documents KPI’s data journey within Clearcover
- Work with our technology team, product managers and business stakeholders to identify, scope and mitigate our the highest data governance priorities
- Complete data governance audits and surveys to meet compliance
- Use qualitative and quantitative sources of data to develop and improve data tracking in order to improve data quality
- Develop and present training materials to engineers to improve data quality and security
- Develop data governance policies and documentation across the organization
- Proactively identify, document and mitigate data governance opportunities
- Communicate, interpret, and explain data governance policies, procedures and tool to stakeholders
What do you need?
- 3+ years of professional experience working as a data engineer
- Should be good with data engineering skills with a focus on compliance
- Strong technical and written communication skills
- Have used Python, Ruby, R or SQL to develop complex report or analysis
- Experience with Snowflake or Redshift serving as the Data Warehouse production platform
- Experience with Looker or other data visualization tools (Tableau, Periscope, PowerBI)
Nice to haves?
- Experience working in insurance, information technology or data warehousing
- Technical P&C Insurance background in Claims, Actuarial, Underwriting, etc
What's in it for you?
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.