Sr. Data Engineer
As a Sr. Data Engineer, you will maintain a holistic view of the overall data architecture while having an intimate understanding of the individual components/systems and how they are interconnected. You will help plan technical approaches, guide junior data engineers in execution, and interact with technical and non-technical business units within the company. This role will require both strong technical skills as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills. A software engineering background is preferred, with deep experience building / working with data and an understanding of modern data tools and trends.
As a data subject matter expert at Vivid Seats, you'll stay up to date on new and emerging technologies, planning accordingly to incorporate valuable concepts to enhance our data schema and capabilities.
You will also build databases and tooling around data stores in support of Vivid Seats Data domain for use by our production systems. You will partner with our engineering teams to model and assist in designing our transactional data stores, work with our BI team to model our warehouse and design the life cycle of the data transformation, while thinking of data governance, data quality and security. You will assist with data cleansing/wrangling, batch processing and streaming of data feeds, and support the data science team in productionalizing models and analytical code.
To be successful, you'll need:
- A proven career in data modeling for both data platforms supporting transactional systems and warehousing including 3rd Normal Form Modeling, Star Schema Modeling, Modeling tools, Data Dictionary tools, and Data Governance
- Expert knowledge of on relational database platform such as MySQL, Postgres, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Proficiency in being able to document a design strategy, collaborate with others to get feedback and drive to consensus, and implement the approach.
- Willingness to document methods and procedures enabling peers who are less familiar to follow in your footsteps
- Coaching and mentoring others in knowledge and approach inside and outside of the team
- Familiarity of data migration tools such as Liquibase, Flyway, etc.
- Experience with one of the newer data warehouse technologies such as Redshift, Big Query or Snowflake.
- Experience in being able to create a security model in a database including roles and privileges, access control, monitoring, etc.
- Cloud experience with either GCP, AWS or Azure and running data platforms within that cloud environment.
- ETL Pipeline and tooling experience
- Experience in a fast paced, agile, continuous integration environment
- Willingness to being on call in case thing don't go as planned!
- Creativity, fearlessness and an unwavering commitment to putting the customer first
Additional Experience of Interest:
- Implementation a modern data approach for an ecommerce company at scale
- Coding and scripting experience using Java or Python, and Bash
- Familiarity with BI Tools such as Looker, Spotfire, or Google Analytics
- Experience with Configuration as Code tools such as Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment using tools such as Git or Jenkins
What We Offer:
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending tens of millions of fans to live events. Experiences Matter- which is why we continue to grow year over year. Working at Vivid Seats provides an opportunity to scale our best in class platform, allowing our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with the flexibility and speed of a startup; while operating at massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, allowing each and every employee direct accountability to creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to our applications. Good ideas are heard and implemented, and hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means having the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that connects our tens of millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that only live events create.
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606