Sr. Data Modeler
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Enterprise Data Assets team at Discover is looking for a Data Analyst/Modeler to join a diverse team dedicated to data analysis, data classification, logical and physical data design. On this team you will collaborate closely with others to understand operational and analytical requirements and develop and document data design solutions to help the business achieve its goals.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. Were all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
- Design, develop and deploy database models for application development to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling for operational application and analytical databases.
- Be responsible for data classification, naming, design of the database, and the creation of DDL.
- Provide technical consulting for application teams for data naming, classification, design and handling as a part of the first line of defense for data controls in designing systems.
- Suggest and implement improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or Technology or 3+ years equivalent experience
- Proficient in SQL for data analysis
- Hands on experience with programming languages for automation (i.e. Excel macros, etc)
- Understanding of data modeling best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Great attention to detail
- An active listener
- Ability to manage time and maintain focus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Experience with cloud databases (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Experience with dimensional modeling
- Experience with reporting tools (Cognos, Tableau)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.