Sr. Data Modeler at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Data Assets team at Discover is looking for a Data Analyst/Modeler to join a diverse team dedicated to data analysis, data classification, logical and physical data design. On this team you will collaborate closely with others to understand operational and analytical requirements and develop and document data design solutions to help the business achieve its goals.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
In this role you will:
- Design, develop and deploy database models for application development to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance, and reliability.
- Perform data analysis and data modeling for operational application and analytical databases.
- Be responsible for data classification, naming, design of the database, and the creation of DDL.
- Provide technical consulting for application teams for data naming, classification, design and handling as a part of the first line of defense for data controls in designing systems.
- Suggest and implement improvements in architecture, team processes and functions.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, or related field
- Proficient in SQL for data analysis
- Hands on experience with programming languages for automation (i.e. Excel macros, etc…)
- Understanding of data modeling best practices
- Ability to identify opportunities to improve existing processes
- Great attention to detail
- An active listener
- Ability to manage time and maintain focus
- Excellent problem solving skills
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in IT, Data Analysis, Data Manipulation, or related field
- Experience in the financial services industry
- Experience with cloud databases
- Experience with dimensional modeling
- Experience with reporting tools
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!