Sr. Data Scientist
Vivid Seats is the largest independent online ticket marketplace, sending 40,000 fans to live events every day. Working at Vivid Seats puts you front and center at the opportunity to scale our best in class platform that allows our fans to sit closer and see more.
At Vivid Seats, you will have the opportunity to work with flexibility and the speed of a startup while operating at a massive, profitable scale. We keep our teams lean, giving every single employee direct accountability in creating a positive ticket buying experience. We are relentless and move quickly to release new features and content to the site and mobile app daily. Your ideas are heard and implemented, your hard work rewarded. Being a part of our team means that have the ability to drive impact and own the innovation that allows us to connect our tens and millions of unique monthly users to the memorable experiences that live events create.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will have a direct and measurable impact on growth and profitability by developing, improving, and testing algorithms to drive customer acquisition and retention. You'll be a vital member of the Data Science team, creating analytical models that deliver value to Vivid Seats' customers.
You'll explore diverse sets of user-generated data and will use sound scientific principles to create precise, high-performing and reliable models that will be used to predict popular events and recommend events customers will love.
As an advocate of analytical, data-driven decision making, you'll work cross-functionally to distill and present complex learnings across the company.
To be successful, you'll need
- A proven career in data analytics or data science
- Experience developing insights from large datasets using various analytical methods such as predictive learning, regression methods, clustering, statistical forecasting, etc.
- In-depth understanding of statistics and experiment design - control vs. variations, multivariate experiments, etc.
- To collect, organize, and analyze large amounts of data from a variety of sources using clear, well-documented, and understandable methodology
- Experience building, deploying, testing, and tuning models using open/cloud-based tooling (e.g. R, python, Jupyter, KNIME, RapidMiner, TensorFlow, SageMaker, etc.)
- To understand the drivers of our business, and to be able to explain your approach, test plans, and learnings to a wide variety of both technical and non-technical stakeholders
What We Offer
We are passionate about creating memorable experiences for our fans and the best in class experience for our employees. Vivid Seats offers competitive compensation levels, individual and team-based bonus opportunities, generous benefits package and Flex PTO policy plus a variety of workplace perks. The most exciting one: We offer our employees $100 worth of credits each month to spend on Vivid Seats tickets along with promotional discounts. At the heart of it, we are all fans of great live events. We want to help you get there more often.
111 N Canal Suite #800
Chicago, IL 60606