Sr. Data Scientist at Augmented Intelligence
ABOUT AUGMENTED INTELLIGENCE: Augmented Intelligence seeks to transform the social services sector by unlocking the power of artificial intelligence and natural language processing (NLP) to improve operations and practice, drive quality improvements, and help social services agencies more effectively partner with healthcare systems to improve the wellbeing of their communities.
JOB SUMMARY: We are looking for a senior data scientist to join our Chicago office. NLP is the engine that drives our products, and your work will be central to our product and our business. We seek data scientists at the intersection of technical excellence and domain-curiosity. We value data scientists who can deliver SotA models into production, but who also thrive on customer connectivity. As part of a team with engineers, designers and product managers, you’ll participate in user research activities that give you the chance to help expand our product vision by identifying new opportunities for NLP to improve human services.
- You will work in a cross-functional team of engineers, designers and product managers to understand customer needs, and identify and prioritize data science opportunities.
- You will design, prototype and implement social services-tailored NLP models for classification, summarization, entity/relation extraction, question-answering, etc.
- You will utilize our datasets for research into novel risk and protective factors, ways of predicting case outcomes, engines for recommending goals/services/actions, etc.
- You will collaborate with software engineers to implement algorithms in production environments.
- You will stay current on the latest developments in AI and NLP, and continue to push our platform toward the state of the art.
- You will identify ways to manage bias in AI and align with ethical and secure standards of data use.
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, computer science, physics, economics, engineering) or equivalent industry experience.
- You have experience using state of the art language models and developing models on top of them in PyTorch/Tensorflow.
- You have put one or more of your own models into production in the cloud.
- You are handy enough with the plethora of tools necessary to obtain and clean whatever datasets you’ll need—be they in databases, an API, flat files, crawled from the web, etc.
- Even if you are lacking in domain experience in social services, you are excited to use your powers for good, and you recognize that will entail becoming fluent in the domain, rapidly.
- You can thrive in an iterative, fast-paced development process.
- You play well in cross-functional groups and collaborate well with designers, product managers and clients.
- You are passionate about developing deep empathy for all user and stakeholders—from end-users to administrative or IT stakeholders—and for spreading that empathy with others in our organization who are less customer-connected.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of transforming the way that human services agencies serve and improve the wellbeing of their communities.