Sr. Data Warehouse Developer
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
As a Sr. Datawarehouse Developer, you will provide technical (design & development) leadership to the Enterprise Data Warehouse Team in development of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) applications that will interface with all key Discover applications.
Position requires excellent communication skills for understanding business vision and the ability to translate the vision into technical artifacts. Strong technical analysis and design background is also a must-have to ensure that technical deliverables are providing flexible, architecturally sound infrastructure with the ability to reuse in future Data Stores, analytical and operational in AWS.
****PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER VISA SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE NOW OR IN THE FUTURE****
- Develop data driven solutions utilizing current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs.
- Ability to quickly identify an opportunity and recommend possible technical solutions.
- Develop application systems that comply with the standard system development methodology and concepts for design, programming, backup, and recovery to deliver solutions that have superior performance and integrity.
- Contribute to determining programming approach, tools, and techniques that best meet the business requirements.
- Understand and follow the PDP process to develop, deploy and deliver the solutions.
- Be pro-active and diligent in identifying and communicating design and development issues.
- Provide business analysis and develop ETL code and scripting to meet all technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs.
- Offer system support as part of a support rotation with other team members.
- Utilize multiple development languages/tools such as Python, SPARK, Hive to build prototypes and evaluate results for effectiveness and feasibility.
- Operationalize open source data-analytic tools for enterprise use.
- Develop real-time data ingestion and stream-analytic solutions leveraging technologies such as Kafka, Apache Spark, Python and AWS based solutions.
- Custom Data pipeline development (Cloud and locally hosted)
- Work heavily within the Cloud ecosystem and migrate data from Teradata to AWS based platform.
- Provide support for deployed data applications and analytical models by being a trusted advisor to Data Scientists and other data consumers by identifying data problems and guiding issue resolution with partner Data Engineers and source data providers.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis, preparation of specifications and plans for the development of data processes.
- Ensure proper data governance policies are followed by implementing or validating Data Lineage, Quality checks, classification, etc.
- 4+ years of systems development and analysis experience in designing, developing, implementing & maintaining applications
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse technology (Unix/Teradata/Ab Initio preferred)
- Strong analytical skills and experience with writing and performance tuning complex SQL queries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think independently and work with various teams on projects
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives concurrently
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor Degree or higher level of education or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) based solutions such as RDS, Lambda, Dynamodb, Snowflake and S3 or other cloud technologies
- Experience with any of the following: R, SAS, Hive, Spark, Python or H2O
- Experience in migrating ETL processes (not just data) from relational warehouse Databases to AWS based solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.