Sr. Database Administrator
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
We’re not a typical financial institution – we’re better. We’re an innovative, fun-loving, highly-engaged group of professionals that are committed to our company and the communities we do business in. We love to recognize and celebrate each other.
Over 90% of our employees say we are a great workplace that is focused on our mission, vision and the future of banking.
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for SQL Server Database administration, design and development. Work involves moderate difficulty in troubleshooting database issues and developing recovery procedures. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of DBA functions and architectures and credit union policy and procedures.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Design, develop, install, and support all Alliant Microsoft SQL databases to support Business Unit and Application Development.
- Execute recurring and timely SQL server maintenance to ensure consistent and reliable database environment
- Investigate and resolve problems related to SQL Server and/or client issues
- Monitor and fine tune databases as required
- Edit and/or revise relational data
- Maintain database backup/recovery environment
- Develop and document recovery procedures
- Support recovery from loss of data caused by application, user or system error
- Responsible for identifying and implementing improvements to SQL databases to optimize performance
- Work involves partnering with credit union departments in order to design and re-engineer databases
- Develop and maintain logical and physical database models
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, minimum of 8 years of Microsoft SQL Server Database experience supporting complex database architectures at the enterprise level, and you have:
- Hands on technical knowledge and experience with Microsoft SQL 2005/2008, SQL Cluster Architecture, Crystal Reports 2008/2011, Business Objects Data Services, Business Objects XI, Windows Server 2003/2008, Active Directory, and LAN/WAN Technologies required
- Oracle Database knowledge a plus
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off