Sr. Manager, Data Engineering
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for the application ownership, development delivery, and support for value streams. Manages a team including hiring, directing, mentoring, and assigning work.
- Coaches and mentors team members. Supports individuals to achieve their individual development goals. Utilizes Agile and Lean practices to identify and solve systemic issues.
- Consults with management in the analysis of short- and long-range business requirements and recommends innovations.
- Utilizes tools to support data-driven decision making. Identifies and removes blockers to enable the team to meet business goals.
- Manages software ownership and development from initial concept through continuous improvement.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience in supervising
- 8+ years of experience in Application Development
If we had our say, we’d also look for
- Agile, Scrum Master
- Advanced study or certification in DW, ETL, BI or data management
- Experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- Strong experience translating business requirements into data solutions
- Experience with developing data warehouse solutions that support analytics or BI/reporting platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!