Sr. Manager Data Governance & Risk at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Leadership position focused on developing mature Data Governance programs at Enterprise scale. Leads the team responsible for the development, implementation, and monitoring of enterprise data governance programs. Experience in Data Protection, Data Classification, and Information Retention & Disposal preferred.
- Manages, coaches, and develops team members.
- Reports progress and status to management.
- Supports data management initiatives and enforces data management standards.
- Partners with the business and technology teams to complete business initiatives.
- Drive organizational engagement for initiatives that implement data governance capabilities. Includes but not limited to developing strategy and ensuring standards/processes are aligned to support goals.
- Identify effectiveness of data governance and data risk management processes and develop controls to ensure adherence to risk management standards.
- Coordinate and partner with leaders of Data Management, Governance, Cybersecurity, Privacy, and Risk Management initiatives across the enterprise to ensure application of best practices and establish enterprise standards where appropriate.
- Leads and develops dedicated data governance experts. Provides timely coaching, feedback, and direction to employees to help them develop their capabilities and enable them to perform to their potential.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 6+ years of experience Data Management, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 15+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Data Governance, Data Analytics, Data Management. 5+ years of work experience in leading a technical team with focus on project delivery, work experience in staff management (i.e., delegation, hire, fire, performance evaluations, mentoring, motivating, coaching, development, etc.).
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Information Management, Data Analysis, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.