Sr. Manager, Data Platform at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will work with the product owner, business partner, BI engineering team, internal and external partners, and leaders across the enterprise to build data platform. Work requires building, configuring, scheduling data pipelines (ETL, ELT) that supports operational reports, ML platform, and business intelligence systems data needs using on prem data warehouse, data lake, and Azure cloud. This individual is responsible for managing and transforming structured and unstructured data originated in variety of systems across Alliant’s applications and transactional processing environment. Work requires an established background in the building of daily productional process, ability to achieve all development under security and compliance guidelines, change control delivery experience. Key elements of this role will require: extensive knowledge of SQL server, data lake, tableau, Business objects, cloud infrastructure and services in Azure. General direction is received from the Director Data Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Serve as data platform subject matter expert to the enterprise, accurately representing the features, limitations, and needs of enterprise data platform as well as the data platform potential to achieve necessary business outcomes
- Lead data engineering team delivery against committed timelines, scope, and third-party dependencies
- Guide internal customers through request intake, resource prioritization, and SDLC to facilitate smooth, predictable interactions between technology and lines of business
- Collaborate with peers throughout technology to ensure cross-team dependencies are understood and effectively addressed
- Negotiate balanced, timely solutions with competing requirements around timeline constraints, information security, risk management, and regulatory compliance
- Serve as a primary liaison to all data needs throughout organization for operational reporting, regulatory compliance data needs, business intelligence, and predicative analytics
- Instill software quality best practices to ensure stable, maintainable, defect-free data pipeline delivery
- Guide ongoing SDLC and team process evolution and maturity
- Ensure team compliance with information security, access management, change management, and risk management policies
- Monitor, plan, and budget for development platform capacity and performance considerations
- Report team delivery status, risks, issues, and key metrics to stakeholders across the organization
- Facilitate collaboration between data architects, BI engineering, and data science to drive sound solution design
- Track technical debt accumulation and advocate for necessary resources and plans to maintain platform stability and relevance
- Serve as primary scrum team escalation point to efficiently remove any obstacles that impede team delivery objectives
- Understand and advocate for the unique environments, access, data, processes, and working conditions required for successful data solution delivery
- Partner with scrum masters and product owners to provide agile/scrum expertise and coaching for team members
- Oversee team execution against established SDLC processes to ensure all deliverables meet company development standards
- Stay informed on data platform technology, product roadmaps, and upcoming vendor features
Leadership and Performance Management
- Deliver superior results through quality execution and best practice adaptation
- Demonstrate courage, ability and agility to understand and address organizational transition in cloud data management; establish expectations for the unexpected
- Translate strategic and operating plans into meaningful direction of projects, goals, priorities and activities
- Capture, analyze, and understand the internal environment, team dynamics, and talent capabilities to address organizational refinement, agility and growth
- Champion Employee/Internal Customer Engagement, employee development and all cultural hallmarks through a strong leadership signature and a growing command of Alliant’s leadership competencies
- Continually assess and provide discerning development, insightful coaching and talent utilization/optimization for direct reports
- Apply High Performance Management practices in leading an engaged workforce in order to effectively leverage the full potential and talent of this function
- Provide a structural and consistent approach to ensure that individual development plans are in place, performance management is consistent, performance management process is respected and followed, and coaching and feedback are provided on a regular and dynamic basis.
- Work with your direct reports and help seek out growth opportunities for your reports; continually challenge employees to maximize their engagement and productivity.
Adhere to and ensure compliance of all business transactions with policy and process of the Bank Secrecy Act. Ensure compliance with all applicable state and federal laws, company procedures and policies. Maintain integrity and ethics in all actions and conversations with or regarding credit union members and their accounts; complies with Privacy Act directives.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a BA/BS degree in marketing, business, ecommerce, technology or related field required, and you have:
- Minimum of 10 years working in variety of data platform is required as data modeler, ETL engineer
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on as technical team lead architecting large data lake, data warehouse, building data pipelines
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on Azure/AWS data platform solution building using big data technology Python, Apache Spark, Databricks
- Solid technical skills and knowledge, with an ability to work effectively with minimal direction
- Extensive knowledge of data platform infrastructure and services SQL, Azure, Business objects, Tableau
- Demonstrated project management methodology knowledge, analytical troubleshooting and support
- Strong research, data collection, organization, analysis skills including Management Information Systems reporting and capacity planning
- Must be well organized and detail oriented with have strong focus on operational excellence in delivery of daily data processing needs.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to break down complex processes into simple concepts
- Strategic thinker who is highly analytical and has a strong attention to detail
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make sound independent decisions
- Excellent organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated capability in conflict resolution
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off