Sr. Manager, Digital Experience Analytics
Grainger is a broad line, business-to-business distributor of maintenance, repair and operating (MRO) supplies and other related products and services. More than 3.2 million businesses and institutions worldwide rely on Grainger for products such as safety gloves, ladders, motors and janitorial supplies, along with services like inventory management and technical support. These customers represent a broad collection of industries including commercial, government, healthcare and manufacturing. They place orders online, on mobile devices, through sales representatives, over the phone and at local branches. Approximately 5,000 suppliers provide Grainger with more than 1.6 million products stocked in Grainger's distribution centers and branches worldwide.
This position is responsible for developing a deep understanding of the customer experience in digital channels to understand what features and functionality drive value for the business.
- Inform digital strategy, website development and digital technology investments through analytics
- Develop deep understanding of the customer website experience, purchase behavior, platform and functionality usage
- Partner with product managers to analyze opportunities and customer trends in the digital marketplace
- Promote a perspective on digital investment and development decision making
- Maintain partnerships with other analytics teams to understand business and market trends
- Manage a variety of projects and generate project ideas through business observations and interactions with business partners
- Communicate findings to audiences at all levels including senior leadership
- Manage a small team of experienced analysts to deliver insightful analyses while developing analysts on the larger team that could grow into this role
- Bachelor's degree in analytics, statistics, math or related field. Master's degree preferred
- 8+ years analytics experience
- Experience with digital commerce
- Experience in statistical modeling and manipulation of large datasets using tools such as SAS, SPSS, R, SQL, etc.
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics
- Broad business perspective with a strategic mindset and exceptional problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated thought leadership and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to influence decisions without authority
- Proven record of using analytics to solve business problems by developing an analytical approach, identifying necessary data sources, executing the analysis and tying it to actionable business decisions
- Preferred experience in retail or B2B industries
- Two+ years experience as a people leader
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.