Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data Architecture at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
The Advanced Analytics Platforms (AAP) team at Discover is looking for a Sr. Manager, Enterprise Data Architecture. In this role you will support the development and fulfillment of the Enterprise Data Architecture Strategy and Roadmap. If you believe Data Architecture is foundational to an information-based operational environment, can envision how Data Architecture can be a source of competitive advantage, and are ready to implement an architecture that drives bottom line value and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, then this role is for you.
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of data engineering, cloud technologies, and software engineering to develop the target architecture, define data asset patterns, automate the model development and deployment processes, and achieve business and engineering buy-in
- Guide teams across the enterprise in effective use of the data assets in modeling, machine learning and advanced analytics use cases
- Lead, manage, mentor, and build an extremely talented team of Data Architects and Data Engineers
- Work closely with Enterprise Data Governance and Enterprise Data Platforms to design and deliver a game-changing Unified Data Management Platform
- Attract, recruit and lead the industry’s best talent and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure we are developing the appropriate data assets based on the highest value business use cases
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- At least 3 years of experience in a Technology Leadership position
- At least 7 years of professional work experience in data warehousing / analytics
- At least 3 years of experience in open source programming languages for data analysis
- At least 3 years of Java, Scala, or R development for data engineering
- At least 3 years of data modeling development
- At least 3 years of Business Intelligence/reporting experience
- At least 1 year of experience working with cloud data capabilities
- Masters Degree or PhD
- 4+ years of experience in Python, Scala, or R for large scale data analysis
- 4+ years experience with Relational Database Systems and SQL
- 4+ years of UNIX/Linux experience
- 2+ years of Agile engineering experience
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud computing
- 1+ years of experience with supervised machine learning
- 1+ years of experience in developing large and complex event processing platforms
- 1+ years of experience in developing high volume transaction processing solutions that can be scaled for millions of daily transactions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.