Sr. Market Data Engineer
PEAK6 Investments is looking for a highly ambitious and passionate Sr. Market Data Engineer to join our Core Engineering Team. In this dynamic role, you will work on systems and libraries that enable developers to build trading tools and order execution systems.
As a Sr. Market Data Engineer, you love participating in technical discussions, solving problems, helping others grow as developers, making systems blazing fast, digging into data, advocating for a technical vision, and learning new technologies. You will not only meet, but also elevate the technical bar for our software team.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Building market data and distribution systems, specifically for stock and option market data feeds and high-throughput, low latency systems.
- Participating in technical discussions and set technical vision on projects.
- Working effectively in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Building high quality, maintainable, readable code.
- Thinking on your feet to support mission-critical production systems.
- Getting the answers you need to solve a problem from Google, finding the right person to ask, or digging deep technically
- Mentoring junior developers.
- Learning new languages and technologies while continuously evolving your skill set.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with C++
- Good knowledge of data structures
- Strong experience and knowledge of network programming required - TCP, UDP, and multicast, and other protocols
- Experience with Linux
- Strong experience and knowledge of systems programming
- Experience building robust, fault-tolerant systems
- Experience with multi-threaded programming
- Experience with Go, Java, or Python preferred
- Experience working with distributed systems strongly preferred
- Experience with low-latency and high-throughput market data systems strongly preferred
- Experience with financial markets and stock and option exchange feeds strongly preferred
- Experience with binary and FIX connectivity protocols strongly preferred
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 Sr. Market Data Engineer you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program