Sr. MySQL DBA at Enfusion
Sr. MySQL Database Administrator - Systems & Networks (IT) | Chicago, IL, United States
Who we are
Enfusion is a pioneer in developing innovative, native cloud investment management software, analytics, and managed services for asset managers and hedge funds around the globe. We underpin the investment operations of more than 500 fund managers from our nine global offices spanning four continents. Our unique, seamless, SaaS-based platform is reshaping the global investment operations landscape by removing traditional information boundaries and uniting the front-, middle- and back-office into one system, with one unified data set. Passionate about client service, we complement our software solutions with expert middle- and back-office managed services. In fact, we were recently recognized as Best Managed Services Provider at the 2020 HFM EU Services Awards.
Just as Enfusion is committed to excellence in our solutions and services, we’re absolutely committed to the growth, development, and well-being of our people. At Enfusion, you will help fund managers around the world streamline their operations, mitigate risk, and improve transparency and reporting so they can confidently focus on what they do best – invest. Similarly, Enfusion is your opportunity to pursue your passion, showcase and further develop your skills, and launch a meaningful and rewarding career. Whether you are developing our industry-leading technology, delivering world-class client service, creating leading edge analytics, managing critical client operations, winning new business, or supporting Enfusion's ever-expanding global footprint, you will be part of a dynamic, fast-growing, and innovative company committed to your success. Our environment is inclusive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial. We value diversity, foster and reward creative exploration, and strive to continually exceed client expectations.
What we need
We are currently looking for a self-motivated, Senior MySQL DBA to join our team. In this role, you’ll be involved in progressively improving our existing database infrastructure and making recommendations on new technology.
We have a number of different projects going on and that’s why we are looking for someone senior.
- Building out our clustered / highly-available database environments
- Lead database upgrade and update projects (e.g., going from v5.7 to v8)
- Drive data sharding / archiving initiatives
- Lead database schema subsetting / trimming for sanitized test and developer instances
- Lead the optimization / usage of our slave nodes
The job involves the following responsibilities:
- Manage all primary and replica databases across our data centers
- Participate in database designs, monitoring, optimization and maintenance issues
- Take a lead role in our DWH strategic initiative
- Document policies, process, and procedures
- Implement best practices
- Assist the dev teams as needed
To be successful in this role, you should have the following:
- Experience with MySQL Databases administration (everything from scripting, best practices, systems configurations, tuning and optimization, and backups, restores, data dumps, etc)
- Knowledge of HA/DR design considerations for MySQL database systems
- The willingness to participate in the evaluation and implementation of new DBA tools /solutions
- You should be comfortable in a Linux environment. Financial/trading or investment environments is a huge plus.
- It would also help if you have a Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Science or Engineering
- Be able to work onsite in Chicago. We’re right inside the Revival Food Hall.
You are a great fit if
We think you are a great fit if you like technology, like to get things done without people asking and enjoy a collaborative, laid back environment. You could work at many awesome companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role. You are knowledgeable, care about the details, and like to learn new things. Also, you like food.