Sr Operations Research Scientist, Delivery at Grubhub
We’re all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you’re looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas–all while having fun together–Grubhub is the place for you!
As a Sr. Operations Research Scientist, you are part of a highly motivated, talented, and fun team that solves some of the most challenging optimization problems at GrubHub. As part of the group, you will solve optimization problems in a three sided marketplace. You are responsible for research, development and production deployment of models. You collaborate heavily with stakeholders to understand business requirements and software developers to bring models to production.
The Impact You Will Make
- Directly impact bottom line by improving optimal assignments of online requests to drivers addressing multiple business objectives
- Process improvements by optimal driver scheduling
- Large scale simulations to offer decision support for operational, tactical and strategic decisions
- Improve customer experience by runtime network optimization balancing supply/demand using available levers optimally
What You Bring to the Table
MS with 4+ years of experience or PhD with 2+ years of experience in operations research or computer science
- Experience with formulating business problems and driving decisions using MIPs, MILPs, metaheuristics, sequential decision making
- Experience in working with production systems and bringing models to production
- Strong experience in data analysis by querying databases using SQL like query languages
- Strong experience in python for conducting research, analysis and creating models that can be productionized
- Familiarity with object oriented programming concepts
- Familiarity with basic probability, regression and classification concepts
- Familiarity with at least one of the following: Gurobi, Xpress, Cplex for decision problems
- Above all a strong motivation to learn new techniques, explore data and implement the solutions to take solutions to production
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Got these, even better
- Experience in at least one of the following languages C++, java, C#
- Experience in stochastic programming, sequential decision making frameworks
- Familiarity with at least one of the standard ML packages e.g. sklearn, xgboost, H2O etc
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You’ll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it’s safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you’re applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.