Sr. Staff Cloud Analytics Analyst at ServiceNow
ServiceNow believes in the power of technology to reduce the complexity in our jobs. At ServiceNow, we make work, work better for people with modern digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity.
Built on the Now Platform, our product portfolio delivers the IT, employee, and customer workflows that matter—with enterprise solutions to help drive every part of a company’s digital transformation. Companies can simplify how work gets done, deliver intuitive experiences, and build digital workflow apps with a single cloud platform.Job Description
Do you want to effect change? Do you want to be on the bridge providing insights to help shape the course of action we take? We are looking for a Data Rockstar! The ideal candidate will have experience leveraging data mining technologies (SQL, Python, etc.) and developing effective dashboards which provide a clear and transparent data driven story to multiple levels of the organization. The work will require strong partnerships across multiple departments developing operational metrics and providing insights which will help guide our Cloud and Infrastructure strategy.
The ideal candidate should have a background in analytics and statistics, experience solving data problems with creativity and simplicity as well as the ability to build intra-departmental relationships.
In this role you will be member of a team which supporting analytics for global infrastructure and cloud operations where you will help drive Cloud and Infrastructure strategy leveraging AI, Machine Learning and other advanced Analytics to inform our go-forward enterprise strategies.
What you get to do in this role:
- Deliver effective Cloud Analytics and reporting across the Cloud business, leveraging Analytics and tools. Ensure metrics are focused on driving the achievement of goals and productivity for the Cloud business.
- Create, track, and report on operational metrics and OKRs for all aspects of Cloud operations
- Establishes key performance indicators, SLA's, metrics and measurements demonstrating area health. Communicates through operational reviews. Measures and tracks against industry benchmarks and standards.
- Execute analytics projects to extract, manage, and analyze data from multiple applications, ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Enforce and follow all company policies and procedures to ensure data integrity
- Identify business opportunities and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Define critical KPIs and build core operational dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance
- Identify and implements critical metrics vital to manage and monitor the performance of overall operations including: capacity, availability, budget, and inventory
- Implement organizational level dashboards including forecasting, planning, deployment, incident and problem management, and change management analytics across Cloud/Infrastructure & Operations
- Generate insights and storylines through translation of metrics and a deep understanding of our internal processes, customers, and products
- Solve and present complex problems in an understandable way to stakeholders, business leaders, and executives
- Remain engaged and involved with industry best practices and policies.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Data Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, Analytics or any other related field.
- 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience as an analyst with strong designing and development data visualization and executive level dashboards.
- An understanding of cloud architecture, underlying markets and key market drivers, and global megatrends and the value of data & analytics in acting on external disruption and market trends.
- Must be able to work in fast paced environment and be able to adopt to changing requirements.
- Must have expert level understanding of dashboard design and data visualization best practices
- Knowledge of SQL, Python and R
- Knowledge of Tableau, Tableau Prep, Power BI and other BI analytics tools.
- Knowledge of big data instances and architecture: Cloudera, Azure
- Knowledge of ServiceNow Platform desired
- Knowledge of Performance Analytics desired.
- Communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.