Sr Staff Data Engineering Lead at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
About the role:
As ServiceNow continues its unprecedented growth, the company seeks to further establish its data and advanced analytics foundation and capabilities. ServiceNow is seeking a strategic thinker and technical thought leader to work in the Marketing Analytics function. The Data Engineering lead provides technical oversight across all our analytical solutions not limited to data modeling, design, and development. He/she works in collaboration with other developers and our enterprise data platform team serving as steward of Marketing objects in our cloud data warehouse used for self-service reporting, dashboards, business, and advanced analytics product development. The data engineering lead will work cross functionally with other technical leads across the company in Sales, Products, Finance, Strategy, and the leadership team, to scale the company with high-quality solutions. This position will be reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Analytics and will be part of the overall Analytics and AI transformation program at ServiceNow. better.
We are looking for a candidate that can:
· Create technical solutions to business needs by translating requirements and finding innovative resolutions that will provide insight into the performance and health of the business using tools available to them.
· Design the appropriate dimensional models and reporting layer for efficient BI & advanced analytical solutions.
· Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the effects and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
· Improve systems by evaluating and improving existing systems that are in place as well as collaborating with teams within the business to integrate these new systems to streamline workflow and company processes.
· Develop and update technical documentation for senior members of staff and colleagues within the IT department to serve as a reference guide.
Skills and Qualifications
· Analytical Skills – Developer will need to analyze the needs of the business or client
· Problem-Solving – Developer needs to be able to solve any problems that arise during the development stage and find alternative ways around issues
· `Innovative – This job required creativity and the ability to create innovative solutions to business problems. Needs to be self-motivated and have the initiative to find solutions and improvements to systems during prototyping and customer testing phases
· Detail-Oriented – Must have a strong attention to detail in order to spot inaccuracies in coding or data.
· Teamwork – Developer will work as part of a large global team and work towards shared business and department goals, so the ability to work professionally with others is vital to being successful in this job
- Minimum of 7+ years of strong hands on experience in database modeling and complex SQL, PLSQL query knowledge & data warehouse technologies (Hana, Snowflake or any modern database).
- Experience in designing conceptual & dimensional data model and building calculation views, table functions, stored procedures to meet business reporting & analytics requirements.
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Experience in performance optimizing database models
- Expertise in database design & development, writing optimized queries, handling Facts, dimension data effectively.
- Experience in ad-hoc data analysis, solution design
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work individually and in a broader geographically disperse team
- High level proficiency in interpretation of complex business scenarios and mapping them out into data warehouse models.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.