Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $600 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, analyze, recommend and lead implementation of opportunities for improvement that optimize transportation policies and processes around availability, transportation cost, and supply chain cost.
- Manage project to expectations and to delivery goals
- Lead continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives
- Work closely with internal and external partners to ensure proper alignment in communicating with carriers and other internal partners (DC, Purchasing, etc.)
- Active participation in the Identification, selection, negotiation and implementation of cost/service-effective alternative solutions.
- Develop and implement custom transportation solutions for customers
- Analysis and audit
- Analysis utilizing transportation, freight payment and carrier databases to determine underlying causes of freight cost trends, identify inefficiencies, non-compliance and other opportunities for improvement
- Work with internal and external partners to identify process improvement opportunities and to implement new policies and processes
- Conduct audits to gaps in processes
- Monitor key transportation metrics and develop actions plans when necessary
- Identification of transportation failures and timely communication to Supply Chain management.
- Develop and utilize cross functional relationships
- Serve as a key contact for cross functional projects
- Serve as a go to person for understanding Zoro’s information flow and assist in on-boarding of the new team members
- Educate supply chain partners on the role of transportation in the organization, business and carrier rules and how they can have a positive impact on transportation metrics and the customer experience
- Execute all components related to Carrier Management. Including but not limited to:
- Host monthly scorecard and one off feedback conversations with transportation providers with the ability to interpret the score and performance verbally and in writing.
- Compile and articulate a plan to improve performance and execute the plan.
- Root cause analysis and communication of large scale failures
- RFP compliance review.
- Bachelor degree in analytical discipline (e.g. Supply Chain, Operations Management, Finance/Economics, Statistics, etc.) required. MBA Preferred.
- 3-5 years in an analyst or similar role required
- Intermediate software skills such as Excel, Access, Visio, Powerpoint, SQL and NetSuite are highly preferred.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in:
- Working understanding of the supply chain tradeoffs between transportation and inventory costs and availability
- Analyzing data, developing a recommended course of action and implementing a successful solution
- Leading team efforts on a specific assignment in an indirect reporting capacity
- Working through challenging issues in a constructive manner
Final note: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.