ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Job Title: Staff Database Engineer
Location: Santa Clara or San Diego preferred
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. We help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff on the Cloud Platform DB engineering team, you will be a key member of a new team that will be responsible for troubleshooting and evolving the database used across ServiceNow. We’re looking for developers with a love for databases.
Our largest customers are always pushing the limits of the backend storage in terms of size of the data, speed of IO, as well as number of concurrent transactions. Performance, reliability and scalability will always at the core of our work.
Our new Cloud Platform DB engineering team will be responsible for maintaining a core infrastructure component - MariaDB and collaborating with cross-functional engineering and operations teams to develop new and improve on existing database features and resolve complex technical problems.
To be successful in this role you have:
10+ years software development experience including:
- Experience coding in large production projects written in C/C++
- Expert knowledge on database internals
- Strong technical skills with a proven record of architecture & design experience in building large scale distributed systems/databases
- Knowledgeable about query optimization, & index tuning
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. deadlocks, intermittent failures, performance issues, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
It'd be even better if you have:
- Experience developing a database
- Experience developing MariaDB/MySQL with InnoDB storage engine
- Experience developing cloud application development platform
- Strong experience with data structures, algorithms, object-oriented design, design patterns, and performance/scale considerations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to manage projects with material technical risk at a team level with limited supervision
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.