At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
As a Staff Data Science Engineer on the Echo Global Logistics team, you will contribute to engineering of large scale web-based applications to enable Echo’s business while supporting architectural vision of quality, scalability, performance and function. Our proprietary software is created with the goal to simplify transportation for our customers and carriers, and is one of our largest competitive advantages in an ever growing market.
Echo Global Logistics was recently ranked in 2020 by Crain's Business as a Top 25 Tech Company in Chicago and we are continuing to see increased growth in virtually all of our technical teams. We look forward to continued success with you as part of our team!
What You’ll Do:
- Build and maintain machine learned models, algorithms and scalable automated data pipelines from the ground up to solve for real-world business challenges.
- Lead the data science engineering practice within the IT organization, mentor members of the team, represent the practice to groups outside of the IT organization.
- Lead the evaluation and adoption of new technologies and techniques.
- Strategically partner with various Echo stakeholders and business teams to understand measurement requirements, help define them into Key Performance Indicators. Then, working with the Data Science Engineering team, drive and deliver insights and business operation improvements through reliable, regular and repeatable data models and/or data services.
- Strategically partner with other data science teams to build and improve prescriptive analytics and predictive modeling.
- Work with Echo's data engineering and product teams to define and validate data sources, instrumentation, and operational data flow.
- Support regular ad-hoc data and analysis needs to better understand customer and/or stakeholder behaviors. Support teams in running growth programs and A/B tests through analyzing results and communicating findings and insights.
- Understand, monitor, QA, translate, collaborate with business teams to ensure ongoing data quality.
- Leading contributor to technical design, including overall solution architecture of data services
- Produce performant and valid data models using current methods and technologies
- Drives interactions with Business Stakeholders and Technical team members
- Produce high quality code using proper industry best practices in an Agile environment
- Leading contributor to the selection of appropriate tools & technologies to effectively implement enterprise software solutions
- Participate in Quality Assurance practices by contributing in test planning and execution
- Participate in CI/CD practices by contributing to automation of application build, deployment and configuration
- 10+ years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent related work experience
- Problem Solver - optimistically work within constraints to drive consistent value delivery for your product/business/technical domain
- Aptitude - Understands both the broader technical and business context domains, and effectively applies appropriate technology solutions.
- Communication - Concise, accurate, impactful, timely and proactive, ability to speak with Senior Business Leaders and Executive Technical Leadership
- Computer Science Knowledge - consistently & effectively apply & evangelize OOP, Data Structures, Machine Organization, Algorithms, Software / Enterprise patterns, Big O in both implementation and enterprise scale
- Influencer- Is seens as a change agent across the IT org
- Decision Making - Ensures team tactical decision making is in alignment with the strategic goals of the org.
- Leadership - Ability to mentor and teach to the IT org around specific areas of technological expertise.
- Adaptability - able to deal with constant change and ambiguity to maintain progress in alignment with product area/domain objectives