Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global technology and data company that builds verification, optimization, and analytics solutions for the advertising industry and we’re looking for a Staff Data Scientist to join our Data Science team. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second; collect tens of billions of events each day; and evaluate thousands of data-points in real-time all while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you!
As a Data Scientist at IAS, you will be part of a team that is a center of innovation for the company and a major contributor to the company's core products. The Staff Data Scientist will work on challenging technical problems in brand safety, developing and pushing out ML/DL models at scale that classify brand unsafe material across the web.The types of challenges we solve have attracted people from industry and academia with diverse backgrounds, including machine learning, physics, biology, neuroscience, computer science, finance, and economics. We're passionate about maintaining an open and collaborative environment, where team members bring their own unique style of thinking and tools to the table.
What you’ll get to do:
- Scope work and projects in the realm of machine learning, focusing on deep learning applications in image/video classification.
- Work with a variety of data sources to build production-ready ML models
- Apply machine learning to novel problems in online advertising.
- Collaborate with engineers to integrate solutions within larger engineering workflows
- Effectively communicate results from ML/DL models and statistical learnings to a variety of stakeholders within R&D and product organizations
What you’ll need:
- Advanced degree (MSc, PhD preferred) in a relevant technical field (machine learning, computer science, computer vision, etc)
- Solid research background and experience in computer vision, machine learning, and image/video analysis algorithms.
- 2-5 years industry experience, with technical leadership, and experience guiding ML projects from start to finish
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python and with deep learning frameworks (tensorflow, keras, caffe, etc)
- Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with source control workflows and deploying ML models in production
- Comfort manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
- Experience distilling product requirements into problem definitions, dealing with ambiguity and competing objectives
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
What puts you over the top:
- Practical experience with image/video classification, object detection, speech recognition, machine translation, and similar problems.
- Publication record in deep learning / neural networks or adjacent fields
- Experience working with distributed computing tools (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, etc.) and cloud platforms (AWS, GCP)
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global market leader in digital ad verification, offering technologies that drive high-quality advertising media. IAS equips advertisers and publishers with both the insight and technology to protect their advertising investments from fraud and unsafe environments as well as to capture consumer attention, and drive business outcomes. Founded in 2009, IAS is headquartered in New York with global operations in 18 offices across 13 countries. IAS is part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio of software companies. For more on how IAS is powering great impressions for top publishers and advertisers around the world, visit integralads.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.