Staff/Principal C++ Engineer - Database Internals at ServiceNow
Job Title: Staff/Principal Database Developer
**Please note that this is a position where you will be developing a database system. Administration focused DB Professionals need not apply**
Location: Santa Clara or San Diego preferred
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. We help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Staff or Principal Software Engineer on the Cloud Platform DB engineering team, you will be a key member of a new team that will be responsible for troubleshooting and evolving the database used across ServiceNow. We’re looking for developers with a love for databases.
Our largest customers are always pushing the limits of the backend storage in terms of size of the data, speed of IO, as well as number of concurrent transactions. Performance, reliability and scalability will always at the core of our work.
Our new Cloud Platform DB engineering team will be responsible for maintaining a core infrastructure component - MariaDB and collaborating with cross-functional engineering and operations teams to develop new and improve on existing database features and resolve complex technical problems.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
10+ years software development experience including:
- Experience coding in large production projects written in C/C++
- Strong knowledge on database internals
- Strong technical skills with a proven record of architecture & design experience in building large scale distributed systems/databases
- Knowledgeable about query optimization, & index tuning
- Experience with troubleshooting difficult production issues e.g. deadlocks, intermittent failures, performance issues, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
It'd be even better if you have:
- Experience developing a database
- Experience developing MariaDB/MySQL with InnoDB storage engine
- Experience developing cloud application development platform
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.