The mission of the state management team is to identify and implement strategies to maximize growth and profitability in each and every market we operate in. The group focuses heavily on pricing but also explores items including underwriting, operations, and marketing to ensure our goals are met.
Our State Analysts partner directly with our State Managers to perform exploratory research, conduct AB tests, and build dashboards and reporting. This is a high impact role so great technical skills, attention to detail, communication, and problem solving are a must.
Reports to: State Analytics Manager
What you'll be doing.
- Scope and lead exploratory research to quantify the impacts of new strategies
- Identify opportunities to enhance performance by analyzing segmented business metrics
- Build advanced dashboards and reporting to monitor market performance
- Present and defend your findings to technical and non-technical business stakeholders
- Design and conduct A/B tests
- Collaborate with members from data science, actuary, and competitive intelligence
Who we're looking for.
- 2+ years of work experience in analytics (preferably at a P&C insurance carrier)
- Experience with SQL/R/Python/Tableau is preferred
- Familiarity with basic statistical techniques: regression, p-values, confidence intervals
- A proven track record of success with ambiguous analytics projects
- Experience presenting complex technical information to senior-level stakeholders
- Proven ability to execute on projects quickly
- Self-motivated; unafraid to work without much guidance or oversight
- Strong attention to detail
- Unabashed question asker; willing to learn anything needed to get things done
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverages on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.