Strategic Business Analyst
About Guaranteed Rate
Guaranteed Rate is eighth largest retail mortgage lender in the U.S. The company has become The Home Purchase Experts® by offering industry-leading self-service tools and low rate, low fee mortgages through an easy-to-understand process and unparalleled customer service. Headquartered in Chicago with approximately 3,000+ employees in 200+ offices across the U.S. and licensed in all 50 states, Guaranteed Rate has helped hundreds of thousands of homeowners with more than $23 billion in home purchase loans and refinances in the past year.
Guaranteed Rate has been able to expand successfully nationwide through a business model that allows top originators to join the company and close more loans faster through its technology, pricing, process and support. The company now has more top loan originators in the annual national rankings from mortgage industry publications Mortgage Executive, Scotsman Guide and Origination News than any other bank or mortgage company. Having gone through explosive growth Guaranteed Rate has maintained being highly entrepreneurial while maintaining a healthy work life balance. If you’re interested in working with motivated and intelligent people while disrupting an industry then we want to talk with you.
What's the Role?
The Strategic Business Analyst is responsible for leading and managing cross functional projects that often have a high degree of complexity and strategic organizational impact. In this role, multiple projects will need to be managed simultaneously, so excellent organization and tracking skills are a must. A successful candidate must have the ability to work independently, think strategically and be comfortable working with ambiguity. This role requires frequent interaction with senior leadership and as such, excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are required. The ability to work with, organize and analyze data in driving and informing solutions will be expected. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial mindset, be able to solve ambiguous and complex problems across various business functions and be comfortable working independently and within teams.
- Track, manage, guide and drive strategic projects across the company to ensure on time delivery that meets requirements
- Work closely with functional leadership throughout the company to ensure projects meets stakeholder needs
- Pro-actively identify and address areas of concern or potential obstacles in the way of project success
- Ability to work with medium to low direction to develop a solution when being assigned a high-level task/objective
- Use data analytics and critical thinking to drive solutions and support conclusions
- Own workstreams as part of large scale projects
- Compile, organize and analyze data in support of project needs and outcomes
- Ability to work independently with medium to low direction
- High level analytic and critical thinking skills to solve problems that are often vague or undefined
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in Tableau a plus, but not required
- Comfort working autonomously and handling multiple projects/workstreams simultaneously
- Excellent communicator – must possess strong written and oral communication skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 - 5 years relevant industry experience in a similar role
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Candidate must be ambitious and hard working with a willingness to learn and drive success in a position with true strategic impact
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law.