Strategy and Operations Analyst
Summary of the Strategy and Operations Analyst
SMS Assist’s Customer Service Department is a newly formed business unit focused on delivering excellent customer service. To help improve core business operations, the department needs proactive, analytical thinkers to monitor customer service related activities, spot key deficiencies, and recommend necessary changes. The Strategy and Operations Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical support and business intelligence to propel the business forward.
Responsibilities of the Strategy and Operations Analyst
- Develop and monitor call center related reports, including call queue metrics on handle time, queue time, and SLA performance
- Construct Operations Specialist performance reporting for queue, non-queue, and back office related work
- Forecast long-term talent requirements to help our Talent Management team recruit and onboard sufficient personnel to meet business needs
- Monitor and report on customer-specific quality scores
- Assist with department-specific financial reporting
- Gather data to help compose monthly reviews of the operational and financial performance of the division
- Solid project management capabilities with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects simultaneously from origin through execution
- Organize, analyze, interpret, and report on large amounts of raw data with the ability to extract relevant conclusions and present the results to the senior leadership team.
Competencies of the Strategy and Operations Analyst
- Ability to translate data into analysis and then into actionable insights
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
Qualifications of the Strategy and Operations Analyst
- Education Level: undergraduate degree (Business, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics, preferred)
- 1-3 years of analytical work experience
- Computer Skills: Advanced proficiencies in: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- High level of proficiency with Excel & PowerPoint
- System Experience: Tableau, R, or SQL
- Ability to develop relationships with internal and external clients
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills including the ability to prioritize multiple time-sensitive deadlines in a complex, fast-paced environment
- Proven organizational skills with attention to detail
- Exceptional at developing business partnerships
- Strong communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.