Strategy and Operations Associate
We deliver the most advanced and flexible learning experience for certification, credentialing, test prep, continuing education, and training. Our cloud-based learning platform is designed to help education and training organizations deliver a highly engaging and effective learning experience for users who are trying to advance their careers. With almost 1M active users last year, we incorporate the latest in learner-centered technology, including personalization, gamification, data science, usability and omni-channel delivery.
We’re sitting in a pivotal time in the BenchPrep history. After just closing a $20 million Series C round of funding, we’re fueled for growth. We’re ready to enhance our product offering, extend our position in the education and training industry, and scale our (humble) team.
We’re committed to helping students learn better, and that starts in our own office.
About the role:
BenchPrep is looking for a talented Strategy and Operations Associate to join our growing team! As our Strategy and Operations Associate, you will work closely with senior leadership to identify, analyze, and prioritize strategic opportunities to propel BenchPrep forward in the world of digital learning. You have an entrepreneurial drive and spirit, a passion for technology and a thirst for knowledge, and extraordinary flexibility to meet the demands of a high-energy start-up. You’re comfortable working with high levels of ambiguity in a fast-changing environment, have an analytical mindset, and have a demonstrated ability executing efficiently and effectively in a variety of contexts.
Some challenges you’ll tackle:
- Identify new verticals, market opportunities, and customers that align with corporate vision and growth goals, perform feasibility assessments, and develop go-to-market strategies
- Lead analytical projects focusing on product usage and efficacy to increase understanding of key drivers, improve performance, and optimize customer acquisition, growth, and retention
- Develop high-quality materials for internal, client, and board of director presentations
- Proactively identify areas/decisions where additional analytic or strategic insight is needed, and develop and lead applicable projects
- Build and develop relationships with teams and individuals across the company to facilitate information gathering and provide analytical support when required
- Successfully manage multiple, simultaneous projects with various teams, partners, objectives, resources, and constraints
- Help gather KPIs across the organization and pull out insights to identify additional improvements
About the team: At BenchPrep, the strategy team helps define and realize healthy, scalable growth for the business. We are empathetic and analytical, passionate and proactive. Our team gets into the weeds of improving day-to-day operations just as much as we whiteboard out abstract concepts to create a tangible understanding. We are inspired by a belief in education as the key to personal and professional growth and united by our shared mission to help millions learn better and faster through our unique platform.
- Have 2-3 years of strategic consulting experience at a top-tier firm working collaboratively in cross-functional environments OR have 2-3 years of internal strategy management work in a high-growth startup environment
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in finance, analytics, or relevant field
- Have extensive experience building executive-level decks and presentations with Powerpoint and GoogleSlides
- Have experience working with multiple stakeholders across an organization
- Possess the ability to define and solve problems critically and proactively to produce insights and meaningful information to aid decision making
- Be an expert in using Microsoft Excel (e.g., v-lookups, formulas with embedded “if" statements) and SQL, and some form of financial modeling experience
Life at BenchPrep:
We work at BenchPrep because we’re dedicated to the mission and each day have an opportunity to be challenged and learn. We work hard, eat well, and have lots of fun. Culture is our lifeline at BenchPrep. We tend to eat our (free) lunch together - not because we have to, but because we want to. We celebrate our people, both professionally and personally. We focus on flexibility - both in work/life balance, but also everyday in operating with agility. We care about professional development so much that we offer employees $1,200 annually to build their skills. And of course, we have all the La Croix and snacks that you’d expect to keep you moving. It’s no wonder we were selected in Built in Chicago’s 50 Best Small Companies to Work For in 2019, and Crain’s 2019 Best Places to Work in Chicago lists.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for high performing and motivated professionals who are excited about the chance to leverage technology to impact the lives of millions of learners.