Strategy and Partnership Manager
The AMA is a unifying voice and powerful ally for America’s physicians, the patients they care for, and the promise of a healthier nation. To be part of the AMA is to be part of our Mission to promote the art and science of medicine and the betterment of public health. Join the AMA team as the Strategy and Partnership Manager in Environmental Intelligence. As part of the team, you will monitor developments and trends in health care, and conduct research on areas of emerging importance such as artificial and augmented intelligence in health care. Responsible for developing market assessments and provide recommendations to team leadership or to other AMA units on new initiatives, products, or partnerships in response to identified market gaps or opportunities. Conduct due diligence on new opportunities and potential collaborators and support the structuring of partnership opportunities to accelerate or enhance our ability to achieve mission objectives.
Other Responsibilities will include:
Market Trends Analysis & Topical Research:
- Leverage industry news and reports, financial and investment analysis, and social listening data to identify and monitor health care innovation trends and other topics of priority to the AMA
- Develop effective mechanisms for analyzing, visualizing, and disseminating relevant market intelligence to key stakeholders within the organization
- Participate in industry events and conferences, and contribute to thought leadership products produced by the team
- Conduct research on emerging and/or crosscutting topics of priority for the AMA
- Engage appropriate stakeholders, develop and validate research questions, collect and synthesize relevant data, develop insights and recommendations
- Utilize data from CB Insights, Hoovers, Rock Health, and other sources to develop market assessments in support of decisions on new initiatives, products, or partnerships
- Present topical research and market assessments to key internal stakeholders and inform the identification and prioritization of resulting strategic opportunities
Market Engagement & Collaboration Development:
- Support industry-convening efforts, including strategic meetings on forward-looking topics or current prioritie
- Conduct due diligence on potential collaborators and develop recommendations on fit and alignment with organizational objectives
- Partner with senior team members, other units, and legal and finance teams to structure collaboration opportunities that maximize desired impact and create mutual benefit
- Provide project management support for high priority collaborations
Innovation Initiative Support:
- Support other key innovation and team initiatives as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other relevant graduate degrees a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in market analysis; experience within the fields of market research, equity research, investment banking, or consulting in health, innovation, or related area preferred
- Health care industry or domain knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience in a consulting environment a plus
- Strong experience in developing market intelligence strategies, research questions or hypotheses, gathering and synthesizing data, drawing meaningful insights, and providing actionable recommendations
- Previous work in analyzing market opportunities and conducting company due diligence, leveraging private equity and venture capital funding or other financial data, merger and acquisition activity, earnings transcripts, patents, and social media data
- Solid data analysis and visualization skills, comfort with tools and databases like Excel, PowerPoint, Power BI, Tableau, CB Insights, Hoovers, etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to communication with stakeholders and different levels of management
- Strong project scoping and management skills, ability to multi-task and manage details while staying centered on the “why” behind projects
- Some travel may be required
The AMA is a business casual environment and we respect work-life balance. Please apply for the position at https://ama-assn.csod.com/ats/careersite/jobdetails.aspx?site=2&c=ama-assn&id=1049. The American Medical Association is located at 330 N. Wabash Avenue, Chicago, IL 60611 and is convenient to all public transportation in Chicago.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity in our workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. As an EOE/AA employer, the American Medical Association will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and veteran or disability status.
THE AMA IS COMMITTED TO IMPROVING THE HEALTH OF THE NATION