Strategy Lead at Peapod Digital Labs
Browse the Aisles
The Strategy Lead will drive strategic business opportunities through the assessment of each brand's current environment and the marketplace for our brick and mortar and online businesses.
The Strategy Lead will lead a team of strategy experts to strengthen existing US business platform and identify new business opportunities through in-depth analysis and research of the market, and in collaboration with internal businesses partners.
The Strategy Lead will initiate and develop strategic recommendations for AD and the brands and will oversee implementation efforts for key strategic projects/ initiatives. They will also collaborate with brands, RBS, PDL, the Global Support Office, Office of the CEO, AD senior leadership and third parties in the planning, development and implementation of the organization's strategic objectives including solutions creation to capitalize on opportunities while creating organizational alignment to move new strategies, initiatives, and opportunities forward.
The Strategy Lead will also lead the annual Strategic Planning Cycle process and provide ad hoc support to the Office of the CEO.
What’s our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA’s local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
Leads annual strategic planning process for all ADUS brands and is the contact for AD Group
Develops key strategic documents to share critical business initiatives and platforms of Brand strategies across all levels of organization (US Brands, Senior Leadership, AD Group and Board of Directors)
Provides direction and strategic focus to all parts of the brands and builds consensus to help grow company sales in a profitable manner consistent with our desired growth objectives.
Researches and applies new analytical concepts, tools and technologies that improve the value and visibility of business information and is primary contact for leveraging shared service functional areas
Develops macro-economic models to evaluate and interpret factors such as performance, structure, behavior, and decision-making of the broader market and economy. This includes national, regional, and global economies. Uses all available data for making decisions and recommendations.
Synthesizes business information from across the brands operating areas, industry and marketplaces to highlight strategic dilemmas, key challenges and opportunities.
Develops strategic insights based on analysis of consumer research, market, environmental and operational data and delivers insights to Brands and Leadership.
Develops growth and deployment strategies both with existing markets and within new geographies.
Evaluates impact of potential strategic moves on different customer groups and/or on different categories.
Thoroughly understands the brick and mortar and eCommerce businesses and competitive landscape of each for the six brands
Ensures implementation of key projects/initiatives and cross-functional alignment is achieved/issues escalated so that new initiatives move forward to achieve organizational goals
Actively lead team, develop/continuously improve processes and support new roles/functions established
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or advanced degree is preferred.
- 7-12 years business and management experience
- Big 3 consulting experience and eCommerce experience is a plus
- M&A and post-merger integration experience is desirable
- Domestic travel required with minimal notice required up to 40% per year
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, executives and third parties
- Hands-on leadership style that can effectively work in groups to use critical thinking to problem solve (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Able to work well in a high-pressure environment and interface regularly with executives
- Ability to understand new concepts quickly and work in a fast paced dynamic work environment
- Strong communication and presentation development ability (including the ability to tell a story within presentations to create alignment and communicate complex issues)
- Ability to work within tight timelines, deadlines and on multiple projects
- Strong financial acumen and ability to partner with Finance to create business cases and model scenarios as needed
- Uses business judgment and objective thinking to challenge status quo as needed
- A self-starter, works well in ambiguous high-pressure situations and with minimal supervision
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, and great employee discount on your groceries. Oh yeah, and snacks & drinks of course!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.