Strategy & Operations Associate, Special Operations
Special Operations is a branch of the broader Strategy & Operations team at DoorDash, responsible for scaling new business opportunities, designing and executing operational experiments, and spear-heading a variety of cross-functional projects across all sides of the business. The Strategy & Operations Associate will dive into data to explain performance at the lowest level of detail, build tools that allow teams to scale their work 10x, and work side-by-side with external teams to develop the future of DoorDash.
Our best Associates are data-driven, truth seekers, strategic thought partners, operators, and have relationship-building skills. They combine business context and analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution. They are generalists who are willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on…
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Experiment – Use data-driven decision-making to run tests on everything from delivery times to the selection of merchants on the platform.
- Analyze – Build models for new business verticals, evaluate experiment performance, weigh the cost/benefit of potential solutions to a problem. Diagnose the root cause(s) contributing to a problem, and propose data-driven hypotheses to solve.
- Operate – Figure out how to get A to B–then actually make it happen.
- Influence – Work cross-functionally with our Operations, Product, Engineering, and Analytics teams to achieve our project goals
We’re excited about you because you are…
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- Analytical – You are obsessed with data. You anchor in logic, and have a need to get down to the lowest level of detail. You want to know every piece of a problem inside and out.
- Accountable - You want to oversee the outcome and help improve our most essential growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial – You want to shape the direction of the company
- Generalist – You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business
- Gritty – You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- 1+ years of experience in consulting, strategy, business development, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Experience in consulting, strategy, operations, technology, banking, analytics or related experience
- Track record of leading initiatives, hitting goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Advanced Excel skills (can perform complex functions)
- High-growth or early-stage start-up experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL is a big plus
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders – Leadership is not limited to our management team, It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers – We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning – We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in the role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed – Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash – The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their business by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency. Providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DooDash blog or at www.doordash.com
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the resources, and opportunity to excel.