Structured Data Specialist at Tribune Publishing
Tribune Content Agency is looking for a Structured Data Specialists who’ll work on monitoring, developing, testing and repairing software application that runs automated scripts on the internet, such as web crawlers, to ensure custom content, new services and products are being delivered. Our Structured Data Specialists work to identify and correct problems, fix errors in ques while screening and sending copy gathered from these automatic scripts.
Structured Data Specialists must possess initiative, good judgment, attention to detail and a commitment to accuracy, the ability to multitask and perform well under constant deadlines with only moderate supervision.
Tribune Content Agency is a team of passionate editors, rights managers and technology experts providing quality content solutions for publishers around the globe. Working with a vast collection of the world’s best sources, we deliver a daily news service and syndicated premium content to more than 2,000 media and digital information publishers in nearly 100 countries.
As part of the Tribune Publishing family, we’ve been creating and distributing premium content since 1918. We’ve chronicled a century of history. Now we want to help you tell the stories of the next 100 years.
- Delivering on mission of TCA, including news service, features and other products
- Develop and maintain internet bot application software
- Develop ontology and deliver on related client needs
- Responsible for delivery outputs, improvements to the SmartContent site and RSS feeds.
- Oversees copy flow to electronic vendors.
- Maintains all the permissions and exclusions for Regional News clients in Salesforce. Make repairs on bots, coordinate with bot developers
- Edit copy that flows into error queue
- Set up AP and other feeds
- Add new contributors
- Add and test terms through story classification software
- Work in MediaGrid, Kapow, SmartLogic and other primary software
- Sort internet bot application copy
- Use Boolean rules to auto-create topics for news contents
- Prepare data for input into vocabulary management system
- Analyze content for QA and extending vocabulary
- Work with cross-functional teams on enterprise data strategy and contribute to special projects
- Ability to foster excellent communication with peers, supervisor(s), department and various newsrooms.
- Experience with XML, RSS, regular expressions
- Development experience
- Innovation mindset
- Familiarity with digital media industry
- Working knowledge of or course work in digital asset management (DAM), information architecture, information retrieval, knowledge management, controlled vocabulary management, taxonomy, metadata application, or textual analysis and processing
- Experience with Microsoft Office software including Excel
- Ability to work independently using strong analytical and organizational skills
- College degree(s) in related field or equivalent experience.