Technical Business Analyst at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Technical Business Analyst to take a lead role in gathering and defining requirements for our trading technology and business applications. In this role, your primary objective will be to maximize the business benefit of IT projects and systems. Responsibilities will include requirements elicitation, authoring user stories and epics, coordinating design and development tasks, as well as documenting system architectures and specifications. You will work to define functional requirements and quality attributes, analyze performance metrics, and collaborate on quality assurance measures. You will partner with on and offshore QA and product teams to develop complex software systems and product roadmaps.
A successful candidate will appreciate the need to define and assess software systems in terms of measurable business value and act as a bridge, advocating for both the business and Group Technology. The Business Analyst will apply data analysis, business awareness, and technical acumen to clearly define and communicate business requirements. This position ensures stakeholder awareness of development plans and roadmaps, and helps introduce continuous improvement to software development and system engineering processes.
- Elicit business and technical requirements for application development
- Document and track requirements as development “stories”
- Develop, track, and analyze system metrics to demonstrate business value, application performance, and system stability
- Own and collaborate with QA staff on test strategies and plans for software development projects and existing applications, including unit, system, integration, regression, load, and acceptance testing
- Develop and implement organizational change management (OCM) plans and communications for software releases and other technology changes
- Reduce business costs by identifying and accelerating resolution of defects found in production
- Act as a Product Owner and subject matter expert regarding methodologies and technologies for business analysis
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a relevant field
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis for client-facing and business-internal applications with web and mobile interfaces
- Understanding of data architecture, structure, and integration concepts
- Understanding of application development concepts, including architecture and development methodologies
- Experience with distributed applications leveraging heterogeneous technologies, web interfaces, microservices, web service API integrations, and relational databases
- Appreciation for critical quality attributes of software systems, including security, scalability, performance, and maintainability
- Ability to elicit technical details from and communicate complex concepts with local and global colleagues
- Ability to analyze statistical data and produce meaningful reports and insights
- Experience with tools for requirements elicitation, SDLC workload management, and project management required
- Experience with Scrum or agile development methodologies required
- Experience with UML and diagram software strongly preferred
- Experience with trading or financial services applications preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred