Technical Business Analyst at West Monroe
At West Monroe, our people are our business.
We pride ourselves on bringing a different mindset to consulting—and that takes a different approach: highly collaborative, flexible, and tenacious.
Our people-first, highly collaborative culture is core to our identity. It’s something we care about, and something we strive to enrich and preserve. No hierarchies. No siloes. No egos. Just smart ideas, unique perspectives, and the drive to make an impact for our clients. We also know that the best outcomes for both our people and our clients result from including diverse perspectives at the table. That’s why inclusion & diversity is one of our core values.
Every day our clients rely on us to help them tackle their greatest challenges, by strategically deploying technology through a business-focused and industry-specific lens. We bring together both the right knowledge and the right approach, so that they can capitalize on opportunities and deliver real results. That takes the right team. And that’s where you come in.
Ready for the next step on your career journey?
West Monroe is looking for a Technical Business Analyst to join our Corporate IT team (ICT) and support the continuous development and improvement of firm-wide data solutions and analytics capabilities. As an analyst, you would wear many hats on projects and be responsible for tasks such as requirements gathering, technical investigation, testing, training, and post-deployment support. You would work alongside ICT data engineers and architects to design, develop, and deploy large-scale enterprise solutions, all while learning and growing your skill set.
This role involves collaborating with key stakeholders across the business to write user stories, participate in backlog grooming, plan sprints and releases, and validate whether developed features and capabilities satisfy acceptance criteria and metric goals. This is an exciting opportunity that will present the challenge of helping our business define processes and technologies that will deliver greatest value to the organization.
- Work with key stakeholders and end users to gather, understand, and define business requirements
- Develop and own user stories and process flows to support the design and development of analytics and data integration solutions for our internal partners
- Collaborate with other departments and ICT groups to ensure solutions meet business requirements and fulfill user stories
- Understand and rationalize broad business needs; work with key stakeholders to manage prioritization process and plan for effective delivery
- Demonstrate strong understanding of analytical/reporting capabilities and limitations; effectively communicate that functionality internally
- Identify and create inventory of process pain points and gaps in best practices during the SDLC
- Create business process and user experience modeling
- Interpret technical and business strategy roadmaps and apply a detailed technical solution
- Add to, groom, and assist in continuously refining product(s) backlog within an Agile/Scrum team, tracking milestones using project management lifecycle software
- Work proactively to remove technical debt and security vulnerabilities, and strive to stay “out of the box” with core data/analytics vendors when possible
- Participate in established sprint cadences in a team-based, Agile/Scrum environment
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience required
- Professional Services or Consulting firm/industry experience preferred
- Minimum 2-4+ years of experience working as a business analyst with data/analytics platforms or solutions
- Experience authoring high quality user stories and business/technical requirements
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum sprint-based environment; understanding of Agile/Scrum methodology concepts, techniques, and ceremonies strongly preferred
- Preference for experience using tools like Jira for managing and tracking Scrum projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Power BI) or other analytics technologies (I.e. Tableau)
- Proficient in writing/reading SQL to investigate data issues and articulate root problems and/or scope of impact
- Comfortable collaborating cross-functionally with both non-technical business and IT resources
- Confident in influencing, negotiating, and building consensus
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrate a strong desire to take on new tasks and learn new things
- Ability to analyze, understand, and prioritize business problems
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical skills, and problem-solving ability
Ready to get started? Join our team and make an impact.