Technical Business/Quality Assurance Analyst at West Monroe Partners
Technical Business/Quality Assurance Analyst
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our Performance Services team executes our “run” offering on behalf of our clients. We are a team of enthusiasts always focused on improving our execution and our client’s performance. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you're up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is currently seeking a Technical Business/Quality Assurance Analyst to assist in the day-to-day full SDLC activities for our clients. Candidates will need to demonstrate core understanding and prior experience in Business Analysis and Quality Assurance within an Agile environment. Time allocation will be about 40% business requirements capture, 40% quality assurance testing and 20% client and project management.
* Gather business requirements from our external clients
* Leverage information from requirements-gathering phase and utilize past experience to build a backlog for our development teams to use
* Communicate business requirements & work closely on a daily basis with WMP development teams to ensure accurate understanding and implementation
* Lead the manual QA responsibilities on a software development project to ensure the requirements were implemented properly
* Partner with the project manager / scrum master to build comprehensive implementation project plans with well-defined tasks and owners
* Apply appropriate development methodologies (e.g. Agile) and best practices (e.g.: requirements clarification, resolution of ambiguity, testing approaches and completeness) to ensure successful and timely completion
* Collaborate with other team members involved in the requirements gathering, testing, roll-out and operations phases to ensure seamless transitions between WMP and our clients
* Lead the creation of project outputs such as high-level solution vision, solution backlog, test cases, and deployment approaches
* Help lead user adoption and change management activities during inception, UAT and post implementation phases
* Bachelor's degree with specialization in Computer Science, MIS, IT or other computer related disciplines
* 3+ years of relevant consulting experience working on medium-large scale technology solution delivery engagements
* Strong business and technical requirements gathering experience
* Hands on manual QA experience in a wide variety of environments
* Strong writing skills
* Desire to work in a fast-paced environment and manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.