Telematics Quantitative Consultant
Job Description Summary
Analytics is responsible for aligning with and contributing to corporate growth and profitability objectives by providing expert telematics guidance (to both internal and external stakeholders), influencing business strategies and allowing for mass market adoption of CCC suite of automobile connected solutions
The Quantitative Analysis Consultant will utilize various statistical modeling techniques to support the creation of telematics models, will educate business partners on the use of these models/data points and will participate in innovative work to continually reevaluate existing telematics models.
The Consultant will partner with peers and Data Science and will offer the strength of domain expertise. They will also work closely with the Architecture, Analytics, Product and most importantly, Customer, to support telematics business goals.
- Contributes to market share growth and profitability by creating & recommending changes to Telematic Algorithms and accompanying Business Strategy
- Trains/coaches team members or peers and actively shares expertise with peers
- Understands and follows internal and external compliance requirements/standards
- Bachelor’s degree – preferably in related field of study such as finance, math/applied math, statistics/applied statistics, economics
- Experience in managing and manipulating large, complex datasets
- 2-3 years of experience working in automobile insurance – including strong experience working with telemetry data
- Experience in Usage Based Insurance (“UBI”) Modeling
- Can analyze telematics data and review analysis from others to identify and resolve telematics data issues and inquiries
- Knowledge of auto insurance regulations/compliance standards, and reporting requirements (e.g., auto underwriting knowledge, reserving techniques, data flows, etc.)
- Familiarity with personal lines automobile ratemaking and rating plans, etc.
- Aptitude and strong interest in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, GLM, GAM, GBM, etc.
- Standard knowledge in the use of telematics data sources and applications to conduct research
- Strong technical aptitude, such as programming experience with Python, R, SAS, or SQL.
- Uses and learns a wide variety of tools and languages to achieve results (e.g., R, SAS, Python, Hadoop, Perl, Java, C)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Why Choose CCC:
We promote a healthy work-life balance and offer generous benefit plans and resources designed with employee satisfaction in mind.
What we value is simple - customers, employee commitment, collaboration and clear communication.
We hire people who will embrace the company’s goals and productively contribute in ways that help us serve the customer, innovate, and stay strong.
We make it a priority to keep employees healthy, happy and enriched.
- Healthy - Wellness programs, competitive medical benefit offerings
- Happy – Recognition programs, a confidential employee assistance program, Perkspot/employee discount program and potentially flexible work arrangements such as staggered start times
- Enriched – Tuition reimbursement, training and learning programs, and leadership development opportunities
Our corporate headquarters is located in downtown Chicago within the historic Merchandise Mart—a certified LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) building.
Please Note: Contingent Workers, Field Inventory Representatives and Interns are not eligible for the benefits above.
CCC Information Services was recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-Sized Employers in 2018 and ranked #17 in the Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago in 2017 by Built In Chicago.