TMSW - Associate Global Trade Analyst
We make engaging with brands more meaningful. So customers remember, recommend and come back for more. It’s the most powerful way to build a brand. It also doesn’t come easy.
So our agency is home to creative problem solvers, who overcome obstacles to put customer-first ideas, products and technologies into market, people who are willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Our goal is to bring people & brands closer together.
Closer insights, closer connections & closer collaboration breeds better, more effective work. This dedication to Get Closer drives us to go further.
The Trade Analyst supports our Global Trade Management team by ensuring trade compliance functions including risk assessments, customs/duty management, transaction audits, process controls, partner management, and regulatory knowledge can meet legal obligations, maximize brand integrity, prevent fines and penalties, and reduce international supply chains disruptions for our areas of oversight in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Middle East regions.
- Support North American and European regions by ensuring imported items are properly classified for entry declarations, data setups are entered timely in relevant business systems, and necessary import data and documentation is available for import transactions.
- Coordinate with US, Canadian and European customs house brokers to ensure continuous and cost-effective movement of cargo through the import process. Troubleshoots import transactions with brokers to resolve or escalate cargo control issues, and conducts post entry audits to measure broker accuracy and identify errant transactions for corrective action.
- Support system partners with product development by providing duty risk assessments for project budget, and conducts basic approval process for origin marking on toys, polybags, and pre-production approvals.
- Facilitate our required US Reconciliation process by coordinating with internal Finance resources, analyzing data, preparing transaction reports, and then directing customs broker to file timely and accurate reconciliation entries.
- Gather & archive relevant import documentation (i.e. NAFTA Certificates, CPC documentation, Licensor Authorization Letters, and Certificates of Origin) to ensure they are accessible & available upon request to brokerage partners or regulatory inquiry. Organize & maintain product samples, proofs, and imaged transactions to facilitate recordkeeping according to regulatory requirements and company policy.
- Conduct general compliance administrative functions including management of Powers of Attorney, Bonds, Liquidations, Certificates of Origin, OGA certifications, and CF28/29 inquiries. Manage the required annual administrative activities to maintain up to date information supporting our corporate compliance program (i.e. import manuals, vendor operating procedures, annual blanket authorizations & training materials & sign in documents).
- Support our CTPAT and PIP program maintenance, assisting with process reviews and annual security audits, including the mandatory self-audit tasks for annual renewal process of the Importer Self-Assessment program.
- Manage the Canadian import transaction audit by ensuring vendor pricing setups, troubleshooting cross border truck shipments, conducting post entry compliance audits, tracking assists, and facilitating necessary amends to CBSA.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Undergraduate degree in Logistics, Business, Economics, or related fields of experience
- 1-3 years of customs and trade compliance experience in a North American or European business environment (Customs Broker, Freight forwarder or corporate importer)
- Knowledge of US or Canadian import process, related documentation, and auditing.
- Basic knowledge of or exposure to CTPAT and ISA programs
- Requires strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Solid corporate communication skills and customer service focus
- Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint & Word Skills
- Ability to multi-task and self-manage multiple projects
The Marketing Store provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees starting on day one. Our benefits include options for medical and dental insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching provision, profit sharing, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, health and wellness benefits (including discounts on products & services), employee assistance program, and disability insurance.